Sunday, August 8, 2010

lost blog... and now found

I had abandoned my blog temorarily. Although not intentionally... I had forgotten I had one at all. It has not become part of my everyday life- like the phone calls and texts you send and receive to/from your best friend daily or boyfriend. Or how I know when I have to take a shower (yes, after smelling people all day on the TTC I have become very aware of cleanliness and have taken a liking to bathing quite often) that instinct has not yet grown for my daily blog writing.

I could tell you what I do everyday, but that would just bore you. I could write about world and social politics and how it affects my life... but I'm really not in the mood for that. Right now I find myself in a different setting than home- cottage country, if you will. I used to not want to come here as a child, but now I cannot wait to get away. And here I am. Funny, isn't it... How we don't like things when we're younger and then we love them when we're older and vice versa. I find that with certain foods as well- like cucumbers. I used to not like them growing up and now I really don't mind them at all. And coconut! I love more and more everytime I eat something that has the delightful taste of it. I suppose our senses, tastes for fashion and palettes mature with age as everything else does. Isn't it funny how we used to dress back when we were in elementary school (think: grade 6) and we thought we were so cool but when we look back we were such nerds?! Maybe we really were cool... But I don't think puffy, frizzy hair, loose sweatpants and overplucked eyebrows were ever cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment