Monday, July 19, 2010

doggy baby talk.

Why do we talk to dogs, especially puppies, like they are babies? Whether or not you talk to them like they are babies, I really don't think they know the difference. I went to Pet Valu with my little dog Pucci, and the first thing the salewoman did was run up to her and say, 'OH! You are so KKEEEYYY-UUUTEE! What's your name?'. Okay lady. Do you really think that she will appreciate your shrill voice when emphasizing how cute she is? (I just had to write it like that for you to understand how she said it). And do you really think she is going to tell you her name??? The funny thing is she waited for the dog to respond and then she asked again! When I told her the dog's name she asked the pup 'Is that your name? Pucci?' Yes lady. Lke she's going to look at you and say 'Yes, it is my name. Sorry for not introducing myself properly'.

No comments:

Post a Comment