Monday, January 10, 2011

a new year...

A new year is upon us. A time for new resolutions, new goals, new dreams. Why is it that most of us lose sight of these new beginnings we promise ourselves one, maybe two months into the year? It's too bad, really. I am trying to not fall into that trap and will try and stay positive all year round. Sounds easy enough, but I know it's easier said than done. It can sometimes be difficult to be positive and happy, especially when your day starts with a horrible commute to work or school (yes, if you haven't noticed TTC is an integral part of my work week). I have realized something... I have dreams and goals that need action taken in order for me to achieve them. I can't sit here and hope that these things will just happen naturally. I need to take charge of my future and do something abou it. It almost seems like a no-brainer.... But I know it's easy to get discouraged. Easy to stop caring and to stop trying hard. Easy to just settle for a B when you know you're fully capable of attaining that A. This mindset can be distinguished as follows: one part procrastination, one part laziness and one part of seeing that the end result is so far away and beginning not to care and lose motivation about it because it seems it will never come... Thus laziness and procrastination prevail. It is unfortunate, and it becomes a vicious cycle. This year is the year I try to break that cycle and stay positive and happy- because thoughts become things. So. New year, new resolutions. Let's just hope people on the TTC resolve to have more showers this year so my commute keeps me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment